Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Abbijo: A review on Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

So it has literally been months since I last blogged but I have been in the process of getting my life post university in order and that has been intense. I have graduated and got myself set up on a course in Madrid which will eventually enable me to move to Hong Kong (hopefully). However recently I came across a product that I fell in love with so much I just had to write about it.

I was in Boots a couple of weeks ago and for a while had been considering buying a cleanser that I could leave at my boyfriend’s house since I stay there sometimes. I have a moisturiser there and I like to keep up a skin care regime as much as possible. When I’m home I tend to use either the Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil or the Guerlain Secret de Purete Cleansing Milk and I really love them, in the mornings I wake up and feel my skin looks beautiful, however they are both cleansers that you take off with water and my boyfriend lives on the floor above his bathroom making it inconvenient to head down when we are going to bed. So I decided I wanted a cleansing water that I wouldn’t need to wash off afterwards. I had heard Garniers Micellar Cleansing Water so I grabbed it when I was in Boots and bought it without much research.

Picture taken from Feel Unique


The first time I used it I liked the feel of it on my skin and it did a good job on removing the dirt. I was impressed because it is so cheap (I paid £4.99 but now it is on sale for £3.33) in comparison with the products I usually use on my face. It is very light and refreshing and perfect if you want a quick easy cleanse, or if you are new to skin care regimes. A couple of nights later I decided to use it to take off my make-up too, but I was very sceptical. On a normal day I would use Lancome Bi-Facil to remove any eye make-up, this retails at £15.75 for 100ml in comparison with the 400ml of Garnier Water.

I put a little more of the water on a cotton pad then I normally would with Lancome, however it took my face make-up off easily and my eye make-up wasn’t a problem either. I didn’t find myself rubbing my eyes as many times to get the mascara off which is always a positive note. And to add to that the Micellar Water is both dermatologically and ophthalmologically (to do with the diseases of eyes etc) tested. I just don’t think it could get any better.

But it does! It is a natural product that is fragrance free and hypoallergenic…

In case you’re wondering what micellar water actually is I shall try to explain now, however I am not a scientist so my knowledge is not flawless. So the solutions of micellar water contains a molecule called micelles which are a type of lipid that form themselves into a spherical shape which is perfect for trapping dirt and removing makeup from the face. Thus they have become very popular in make-up removers and cleansers.


While I can realistically only speak for myself and how I find this product, I do believe that it works and is worth trying out for yourself, at £4.99 you can’t afford not to! For me I am thoroughly impressed with this product and will definitely be continuing my use of it, I may even test other brands micellar water products to see if they offer the same results as the Garnier one.

Abbijo
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment